Ivy Preparatory Lower Academy serves scholars in kindergarten through fifth grade. The lower academy has a strong focus on innovative practices in the classroom with a curriculum that emphasizes critical thinking.
Ivy Preparatory Upper Academy serves scholars in sixth through eighth grade. The upper academy has a strong focus on preparing scholars for high school and college. Ivy Prep encourages all scholars to be STEM-inists, by exposing them to careers relating to Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math.
All classes offer standards based instruction and incorporate single gender strategies designed to engage and connect young women throughout the school day.
At IPA we believe our scholars and staff are leaders. We use The Leader in Me, a whole school transformation process by Franklin Covey. The Leader in Me teaches 21st century leadership and life skills to scholars and creates culture of scholar-empowerment based on the idea that every child is a leader. The Leader in Me is aligned with best-in-class content and concepts practiced by global education thought leaders. It provides a logical, sequential, and balanced process to help schools proactively design the culture that reflects their vision of the ideal schools a process designed to help teachers develop leadership skills in their students. Leader in Me helps students discover their unique strengths while giving them an opportunity to shine—to become leaders.
This school year, Ivy has implemented the Leader in Me program in the following ways.
1. Trained all teachers and staff on Franklin Covey’s 7 Habits of an Effective Leader.
2. Introduced the 7 Habits to all Ivy Scholars.
3. Highlight one habit a month on the daily morning announcements.
4. Identify one scholar a month from grades K-8 as a Leader of the Month.
5. Teach and reflect upon the Seven Habits through Sisterhood Sessions (Classroom Meetings).
6. Offer incentive points to scholars through PBIS who exhibit leadership habits.
All Scholars will take part in a service project during the month of March.